Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
323-Oceans in Crisis
Transcript of 323-Oceans in Crisis
Shannon Gibson, Ph.D.
University of Southern California
Fisheries and Fishing
Indirect Impacts of
Debates over Ocean Preservation
destroying the oceans?
Restricting ocean-floor trawling?
Other Concerns for the Oceans
- Invasive species
- Algal blooms or “red tides”
- Coral reef loss
- Loss of mangroves
Global Oceans Governance
The Debate over Whaling
Law of the Sea
International Convention for the Regulation of Whaling
- anthropocentric (survival)
- fighting Western
- fighting barbarism /
Binary oppositions: Science vs. Emotions
Plight of the Oceans
Paul Watson &
the Sea Sheperd Society