Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of W
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder of the immune system
With it, the body develops antibodies that attacks the body's own tissue
Who gets Lupus ?
Lupus usually develops in young women of child-bearing years but is also found in men.
It has been tied to genetic and environmental factors as well.
90% of patients can lead a normal life.
Who's at risk?
Women are 9x more likely than men to contract Lupus
It is 3x more common in African-American women than their Caucasian counterparts.It is also common in Hispanics, asians, and Native americans.
Lupus is most commonly diagnosed between15-45 years of age
Filipino president Ferdinand Marcos
Former First Lady Barbara Bush
What are the side effects of Lupus?
Painful or swollen joints (arthritis)
Lupus By: Alyssa Smith