Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Desert Tortoise
The desert tortoise may be active during the day or the morning and evening depending on the temperature.
The desert tortoise burrows under the sand
to protect itself from extreme desert temperature.
Adults can survive for about a year
without water. They are able obtain water
from their diet.
To make practical and effective use of
infrequent rainfall, tortoises dig shallow pits to
catch the water. The tortoises may be
found waiting by these areas when rain
is the forecast.
Tortoises can withdraw their head,legs and tail
into their shell providing protection