Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Flashback
Transcript of Copy of Flashback
EQ: What does the author's use of flashback teach us about characters?
To fill in information about the background of a conflict or character
daydreams, thinking, dreams
Words that signal a flashback:
The Devil's Arithmetic
When we read today, we'll examine a flashback Chapter 2. Let's ask:
What does this flashback reveal about Hannah?
What does this flashback reveal about Grandpa Will?
What is flashback?
A literary device in which an earlier event is inserted into the chronological sequence of a story
A technique that bridges time, place, and action to reveal information about a conflict or character
Cues that begin a flashback for a character:
A while back