Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Flashback
Transcript of Copy of Flashback
EQ: What does the author's use of flashback teach us about characters?
To fill in information about the background of a conflict or character
daydreams, thinking, dreams
Words that signal a flashback:
The Devil's Arithmetic
When we read today, we'll examine a flashback Chapter 2. Let's ask:
What does this flashback reveal about Hannah?
What does this flashback reveal about Grandpa Will?
What is flashback?
A literary device in which an earlier event is inserted into the chronological sequence of a story
A technique that bridges time, place, and action to reveal information about a conflict or character
Cues that begin a flashback for a character:
A while back