Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How does the water cycle affect climate?
Transcript of How does the water cycle affect climate?
WATER CYCLE: The cycle in which water travels through the environment
CLIMATE: The pattern of weather over a long period of time BIG research question How does the
water cycle affect
climate? Increased precipitation - Can cause more clouds
- Can cause severe weather
- Results in a change of climate: Tropical,Humid,Can lead to a climate with lots of floods Decreased precipitation - Can cause drought conditions
- Fewer clouds
- Negatively affect animals and humans
- Affects climate: Mostly deserts or arid areas Rising sea level - Places with high sea levels usually have floods
- Can affect topography and geography of an area
- Can negatively affect areas with sea life
- Affects climate: Near bodies of water,Islands The water cycle
affects climate in the
following ways Rising Sea levels affect
us and can lead to floods
and severe weather Photo Credit:WHOI : Oceanus : Image : Rising Sea Levels Precipitation and Atmosheric conditions The condition' in the atmosphere can ultimately affect the climate . If an area has colder air masses the weather will be
drastically different then an area with a warmer air mass. Also if an area has a colder air mass, Don't expect it to be 90 degrees outside. It will most likely be cold. Air mass is another thing that can affect climate Next we discover the answer to our research question Big answer to Big question Yes, the water cycle can affect the climate of an area in multiple ways also . It can determine precipitation amounts and can alson affect how much rainfall or snow an area will receive. The water cycle is a big factor in climate. And finally... The conclusion So far we have learned that the water cycle can effect the climate. It is also an important factor in weather which can affect climate already! The water cycle is a very important aspect in the way our world works. Personal Reflection During the process of making this prezi i have learned many things. First of all i have learned the effect of the water cycle on the climate. I also learned how precipitation levels, weather, atmospheric conditions and air masses can affect the climate. Cited sources Cousteau, Jean Michel. "KQED." Public Media. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2013.
Lemonick, Michael D. "Climate Change Intensified the Water Cycle." Climate Change Has Intensified the Global Water Cycle | Climate Central. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Feb. 2013. The End