Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Breeds Of Dogs
Transcript of Breeds Of Dogs
- Companion dogs
- Herding or working dogs
- Hunting dog
- Guard dogs All dogs have different characteristics and these characteristics are usually caused by what type of breed the dog is or/and the environment the dog lives in. There is many things to consider when breeding dogs. Things like what type of coat do they have and what breed are they. Categories of breeds Companion Dogs are dogs who do not work; they are considered are household pets only. Many of the toy dog breeds are companion dogs. Chihuahua Maltese Pug Toy Dogs Bichon Frisé Yorkshire Terrier Chinese Crested Dog Pomeranian Papillon Toy Poodle are dogs that assist humans in bringing down game or a prey. There are several different type of hunting dogs that develop from various tasks. Things to consider when breeding a dog Health Issues are also called attack dogs or watch dogs. They are typically to guard against, or watch for, unwanted people or animals. German Shepherd Rottweiler Bullmastiff Airedale Terrier Hunting Dog Coonhound Lakeland Terrier Dachshund Feist Guard Dogs Herding/ Working Dog are also known as stock dogs and are a type of pastoral dogs that either has been trained in herding or belongs in a breed that developed natural herding skills. Border Collie Mudi Cur Koolie Characteristics Rottweiler Good Natured
Eager to work
Courageous Lifespan: 9 - 10 years old 2 month old Rottweiler Puppy 2 years old 10 years old Maltese Cuddly
May be snappish with children
Anxiety Maltese (show dog) 2 month old 2 year old 10 year old ( Puppy cut) Lakeland Terrier Friendly
Easy to train
Sometimes distracted Lifespan: 12-15 Lifespan 12-16 2 year old 2 month old 12 year old Border Collie Very Intelligent
Easy to train
Alert and eager
Displays great ability with task
May develop neurotic behaviors
Energetic Six weeks old Around 2 years old 6-7 years old Border Collie at work Lakeland terrier hunting Rottweiler at work Life span: 9-17 Atopic dermatitis
Von Willebrand’s disease
Distemper Breeding a dog that is unhealthy will only cause a long breed of unhealthy dogs that will end up having a smaller life span. Coat When breeding mixed dogs you want to make sure that the type of dog you are breeding does not have easily matted. Genetic problems/ birth defects Some dogs have genetic problem or birth defect such as deformed lips, paws etc.. Age Females reach sexual maturity between 8 and 18 months. Males it depends on the production of testosterone. Breed/ Characteristics Depending on what type of dog you want to breed, make sure that if you want a friendly dog that you bred a dog with those characteristics. The Basenji is the only barkless dog in the world. Dogs have wet noses to collect more of the tiny droplets of smelling chemicals in the air. The oldest dog on record was an Australian Cattle dog named Bluey who lived 29 years and 5 months. That is more than 160 human years. There are an estimate of 400 million dogs in the world. Thank you for listening!