Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Personal Safety
The Touching Rule
It is NEVER okay for another person to touch you in your PRIVATE BODY PLACES
PRIVATE BODY PLACES are those covered by your SWIMSUIT
Unless it is to keep you
GET AWAY to a safe place
who can help you
My body is mine
From my head to my toes
And I have the right
To say no, No, NO!
MY BODY IS MINE!
*So important that we teach it every year.
*We don't want to scare students but we want to make you Experts on what to do.
-Like first aid, necessary but hopefully, you will never need to use it.
*1 out of 4 girls is a victim of this abuse by the age of 18 years old, and the rate for boys is almost the same.
*The hard part is that 9 out of 10 times, someone who breaks the touching rule is someone you know.
*The most important part of Personal Safety is that it is NEVER YOUR FAULT!
Trust Your Instinct
*Instinct is our gut feeling.
*Sometimes we discard feelings of danger as silly and not important, to be strong and brave.
*Listen to your body and the uh-oh feeling.
*Remember it is NEVER your fault.
Red Flag: SECRETS
~Touching to keep you clean and healthy is never a secret.
~It is only a secret if you have something to hide.
~It is NEVER your fault, so you have nothing to hide.
Some people are required by law to help kids who are being abused. Doctors, nurses, police officers and all school employees will help you get safe. Contact a mandatory reporter in your school or community and be believed.
It is NEVER your fault!
How can you tell?
* Say, “I have something to tell you, but I don’t know how to say it”
* Draw a picture
* Write a note that says, “I need to talk” or “I need help”
* Write a note that tells the whole story
* Close your eyes and turn your back to tell
* Just tell what happened
* Use a puppet or stuffed animal to do the telling
* Start by talking about the feelings you are having