Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Transforming School Culture
Transcript of Copy of Transforming School Culture
An education system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people
how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life.
Education is light, lack of it is darkness
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience...
Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another
The answer is that, in the long run, the continuity of life itself depends on the making of new paradigms.The continous invention new ways of seeing and being is our special secret of living
Why must ANYONE seek for new ways of acting?
Elements of school transformation
We are spritual beings having a human experience.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
I believe, are the most repsonsible
and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth
“Compassionate teachers fill a void. Teachers don’t just teach; they can be vital people who help young people to grow, to understand the world and to understand themselves. A good education consists of much more than useful facts and marketable skills.”
CREATING THE COMPASSIONATE
IMAGE THE CLASSROOM
WHAT IS THERE
WHAT IS HAPPENING
CHARTER OF THE COMPASSIONATE CLASSROOM
When i think of the Gatehouse it overwhelms me
to think it all started with just a thought and a conversation between 2 people. At first I felt it was just an idea that seemed to good to be true! Soon after groups of people gathered to make this dream, this thought, a reality. I couldn't believe how so many people from different communities could come together in a world that usually seemed so cold amd empty. I couldn't believe that people actually cared enougth to do so something so extraordinary. I couldn't believe it until I saw it for myself. Irena, age 19
Never doubt that a small group of committed people
can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
1. The examination and contemplation of the awe, wonder, and mysteries of the universe.
2. The cultivation and nourishment of the process of meaning making.
3. The cultivation and nourishment of the concept of the oneness of nature and humanity, with concurrent responsibility to strive for harmony, peace and justice.
4. The cultivation and nourishment and the development of a cultural mythos that builds on faith in the human capacity to participate in the creation of a world of justice, compassion , caring, love and joy.
5.The cultivation, nourishment and development of the ideals of community, compassion and interdependence within the tradition of democratic principles
6. The cultivation, nourishment and development of attitudes of outrage and responsibility in the face of injustice and oppression.