Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Transcript of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
• We learn that Brick has broken his ankle the night before jumping hurdles at his old high school.
• Margaret complains Brick hasn't lost his looks even through his alcoholism.
• "I feel all the time like a cat on a hot tin roof!" (Page 40)
• Margaret mentions Big Daddy is dying of cancer and focus on his estate Act II • Big Daddy's birthday dinner
• Big Daddy starts complaining that Big Mama is trying to take over
"Aint that so, Ida? Didn't you have an idea I'm dying of cancer and now you could take control of this place..." (Page 39)
• Big Daddy questions Brick and Skipper's relationship
• Brick tells Big Daddy about how Skipper died
• "Mendacity is a system that we live in. Liquor is one way out an' death's the other..." (Page 70) skip to 10:50 Act III Brick •One day, Brick gets a call from his best friend Skipper, who professes his love for Brick.
•Brick, in denial of his true feelings, hangs up on Skipper.
•Skipper then becomes depressed by this rejection and commits suicide.
•Due to Skipper's death and Maggie's betrayal (cheating), he becomes an alcoholic.
•Drunk, he goes to his old high school and tries to jump hurdles and winds up breaking his ankle.
•He opens up to Big Daddy on why he drinks the reason being mendacity
•Finally here's that click which makes him at peace when the lies are exposed Margaret
Big Daddy -Brick's dad
Big Mama -Brick's mother
Gooper- Brick's brother
Mae- Gooper's wife
Skipper- Brick's "friend" •The whole family is now gathered in the room and we learn that Big Daddy is in fact dying of cancer
-the significance in this is Big Daddy has been severely ill inside because of all the "mendacity" from his family •Maggie claims to be pregnant
with Brick's child "There...the click (Act III, pg 171)" "You can always here me singin' this song, Show me the way to go home (Act III, pg 161)" skip to 6:00 Presentation by Samantha Eisner