Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Multitasking
the performance of multiple tasks at one time •Silence your phone when studying but allow yourself to check messages and take a break. Choose a specific time for your break and stick to it. Find different methods of studying that work for you, such as discussing what you’ve learned bytalkingwith others, making flashcards,taking notes. Consider your learning style (visual,auditory, ortactile). Make time for eating frequently, sleeping and physical activity. Multitasking only makes studying take longer. http://www.notdoppler.com/multitask.php The fMRIs showed that when the participants learned without distraction, an area of the brain known as the hippocampus was involved. This part of the brain is critical to the processing and storing of information. But when they learned the task while multitasking, the hippocampus was not engaged. Instead, an area called the striatum was activated. The striatum is involved in learning new skills like riding a bicycle. Multitasking can lower your IQ 10 full points! "When distractions force you to pay less attention to what you are doing, you don't learn as well as if you had paid full attention." Depending on how often you switch between tasks. You can waste 40% plus of your productive time just in task switching! Why do people Multitask? What are the consequenses of multitasking? Learning Affected
MIT Study: brain goes "goes dark"
1. Hula hoop 2. Have someone accompany near a wall- stare at wall- and have a conversation about the weather. (DO NOT STOP CONVERSATION, CONTINUE BEYOND STEP 2) 3. Put headphone on one of your ears. 4. Look away from wall, look at words that JTA's are writting on the board, remember them, but do not write them down. 6. Answer the Text message you have just recieved from one of the JTA's. 7. Count the number of people wearing white, (continue all above steps.) 8. Stand on one leg. 9. Name 20 of the 30 words the JTA's wrote down. 10. Spin 360 degrees continously. 11. Recall the number of people wearing white 12. Write a note, to a differnt person that you are already talking to and different from the JTA you are texting. 13. If you are still going, WOW, maybe multitasking is for you. http://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/MTY3NzgyMzkyOQ http://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/LTEwOTczNDAzMzU
Gable, Shelley A. Multitasking Hurts Your Learning. 5 April 2010. 25 August 2010 ...........<http://internetce.com/2010/04/05/multitasking-hurts-your-learning/>.
Grohol, John M. Excess Multi-Tasking Has Downside. 27 August 2009. 24 August 2010 .............<http://psychcentral.com/news/2009/08/27/excess-multi-tasking-has-downside/8013.html>.
Hamilton, Jon. Think You're Multitasking? Think Again. 2 October 2008. 25 August 2010 ..............<http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95256794>.
Hitti, Miranda. Multitasking Hurts Learning. 26 July 2006. 20 August 2010 .............<http://www.webmd.com/balance/guide/20070201/multitasking-hurts-learning>.
JrefleX93. "The Multicolored Multitask (Guitar Hero + Rubik's Cube)" Online Posting. Youtube. 6 August 2009. ..............Web. 26 August 2010.
Klemm, William. Memory Medic . 25 June 2010. 27 August 2010 ............<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/memory-medic/201006/will-multi-tasking-make-you-.............scatterbrain>.
Lapowsky, Issie. Stop the multitasking madness! Attempting to do it all can cause neurological damage: studies. ...........13 August 2009. 22 August 2010 <http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2009/08/13/2009-08-...........13_stop_the_multitasking_madness_attempting_to_do_it_all_can_cause_neurological_dam.html>.
Mandossian, Alex. Why Multitasking Destroys Your Productivity. 28 April 2009. 26 August 2010 ............<http://www.alexmandossian.com/2009/04/28/why-multi-tasking-destroys-entrepreneurship/>.
............Somerville, Toby. Why Multitasking is a Waste of Time. 1 July 2008. 21 August 2010 ..............<http://www.sitepoint.com/2008/07/01/multitasking-is-a-waste-of-time/>.
Profsimons. "selective attention test " Online Posting. Youtube. 10 March 2010. Web. 30 August 2010.