Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
- can be personalized to fit your style
- consists of the desktop, task bar, and start menu
- the newer the OS, the faster it is Mobile Operating System Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) Creates job opportunities
Ability to communicate internationally
Better medical services Windows Vista Windows 7 Release Date: October 22, 2009 The Evolution of Windows Interface Demographics Social Impacts Personalizing the Interface - font style
- size of items on desktop
- screen resolution
- background Web Design - Allows website designers to design their websites for the majority (Windows users) - Approximately 95% of computer users browse the web using a windows operating system - Using a Windows platform makes it easier to implement website applications to make a more interactive and interesting website Windows 1.0 Release Date: November 20th, 1985 The first version of Windows, released by Paul Allen and Bill Gates.
- New computing 'windows'
- Interface was very unique and had objects such as scroll bars, drop down menus, and windows. Slow
EULA (End User)
Poor Tech Support
Expenses Windows 2.0 Release Date: November, 1987 More interface upgrades! - Introduction of control panel
- Expanded memory usage
- Desktop icons!
- Inter-application communication
- Word/Excel released Windows 3.0 Windows NT 3.1 Windows 95 Windows 98 Windows 2000 Windows ME Windows XP Windows 8 Ease of Use
Variety of devices
Compatibility to others Easy to use - Once installed, Windows will automatically update itself Comparisons Between OS - Appeals to businesses and average users with limited knowledge of computers Performance Gaming Hardware Software Performance -Mac -> Windows -> Linux Faster Speeds - Faster processor clock speeds compared to Window's main competitor, the Mac OS - Fast clock speeds appeal to professional and casual gamers, as well as video editors as it provides smooth, stable frame rates to provide a better experience Gaming/Hardware/Software -Windows -> Mac -> Linux Most popular OS for android phones
Improvements to small features
Added on many new features
Much faster than older OS'
Very appealing interface
Easier to use with small upgrades Release Date: May 22nd, 1990 Main upgrades include:
- Virtual Memory
- SDK (Software Development Kit)
for software developers Release Date: July 27th, 1993 Minor Improvements include:
- Integrated networking
- Server/networking upgrades
*At this point, the everyday computer age began* Release Date: August 24th, 1995 Improvements!
- Internet Explorer introduced
- Graphical interface upgrade
- "Plug and Play" features
- Sparked interest in home computers Release Date: June 25, 1998 - Support for USB/DVD
- Windows Update
- Aimed at consumers Release Date: February 17, 2000 Improvements:
- Simplified "Plug and Play"
- Wireless compatibility
- Aimed at businesses Release Date: September 14, 2000 Designed for home usage.
- Media Player
- Movie Maker
- System Restore Release Date: October 25, 2001 Most widely used OS worldwide today.
- Functionality for laptops and desktops
- Easier use Release Date: January 30, 2007 Big visual improvement.
The graphics and interface were upgraded
visually, but the OS itself did not function well.
- Many issues with security, performance, and
privacy. Speed and stability.
- Better interface
- Improved wireless capabilities Release Date: October 26th, 2012 Same as Windows 7, but less compatibility. - Touch screen compatibility
- Menu window THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!