Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Abstract vs. Literal
Transcript of Abstract vs. Literal
Abstract: to remove movement from its original concept and manipulate it through the use of time, space and energy.
Literal: gestural, symbolic movement
Literal vs. Abstract (flowers)
Literal vs Abstract Photographs
Create Literal Movements
What gestural movements represent the theme?
Now create the movement in abstract form by making it ....
More interesting (using your WHOLE body)
Where to start?
Start with a simple idea...
What is this?
How do I create movement in dance ?
...it can be scary to create movement if you don't know where to start...
Choose three characteristics that describe yourself...
FIRST create one LITERAL movement for each characteristic
NEXT, ABSTRACT each movement
Teach your THREE movements to your group and learn their three movements to create a dance!!!