Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sleeping With Sirens. Dont Fall Asleep At The Helm Presentation
Transcript of Sleeping With Sirens. Dont Fall Asleep At The Helm Presentation
The waves underneath will soon be my home
I will fall asleep
I'll close my eyes and dream of days when I wasn't all alone
All that I know is gone
(Take what is left of me now)
All that I know is gone
(Take what is left of me)
Fall deeper and deeper, the sirens are singing your songs * Sleeping with Sirens
*Album: With Ears to See And Eyes To Hear
*Song: Don't Fall Asleep At The Helm
* I like the band Sleeping With Sirens because they are real about what they sing and they make great music.
* This song can be thought of as a poem because it has basic necessities of being one in Imagery, Figurative Language , Personification, and Sensory Details. Sleeping With Sirens song- Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm is about the singer ( Kellin Quinn) falling into depression. As the song goes on he falls "deeper and deeper", into his depression until he loses his grip on all humanity. "I lost my heart my home is the ocean, the waves underneath will soon be my home." : Extended metaphor for him becoming depressed.
* "Fall deeper and deeper, the sirens are singing your song." : Personification - He has jumped into the sea of his thoughts and is drowning in his depression.
* The depths have a number, they call you by name. Personification - the depression is luring him in. Rene Barthelemy Lyrics + Link Imagery This song has great Imagery, see have a look! Here are some examples.
* " I close my eyes and dream of when i wasn't alone." Appeals to sight. - he is in a state of nostalgia and wants listeners to know that.
* " The waves underneath will soon be my home." Appeals to sight. - He is really depressed and is ready to completely give up and fall into a deep depression.
* "Fall deeper and deeper, the sirens are singing your songs."Appeals to sound/hearing and sight. - He has let go of all life and sanity, and can hear police and ambulance sirens because he is too far off in his state of depression. Conclusion Another reason I love the band: Sleeping With Sirens
and song: Don't Fall Asleep At The Helm is because they don't hold back on the emotion they put into their songs. They write what's true, and how they feel no matter what. This song is a poem because it has Imagery, Figurative Language , Personification, and Sensory Details. which is proven in the slides before this. About Sleeping With Sirens Sleeping with Sirens Evidence is on next slide. Album Cover: Band Singer of band.