Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
St. Edwards University
Transcript of St. Edwards University
"Shaping not only the mind, but the heart as well."
Where teachers notice your absence and students are not just a number.
"At St. Edward's, we believe that a global perspective is imperative for a 21st century education. With economic interdependence expanding and cross-cultural influences pervading everything from music to technology to commerce, it's more important than ever to understand what's happening in the world today and the effect it will have tomorrow."
Austin, Texas serves as the capitol of Texas.
Preparation for the classroom of LIFE
5,500 students make up the population of St. Edwards University.
Each student given the liberal arts education.
Prepared and eager for life's challenges.
"The value of a St. Edward’s University Catholic, liberal arts education and its ability to instill the critical skills that flex, bend and weather life’s tests has never been more apparent."
We Back the Blue & Yellow
Yellow is the best color to create enthusiasm for life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism.
Blue is the color of the intellect, the mind, making it the color of communication. Blue has the perception of being trustworthy, dependable, safe and reliable.
"Knowing the teachers genuinely care about my success and well-being as a student means the world to me." -Freshman
No matter what religion, students are exposed to the divine way of living implicated by Holy Cross. Each and every religion is offered to be studied at St. Edwards.
The importance of Religion, Self and Society
St. Edward's offers you more than 1000 study abroad options in more than 90 countries.
"Explore other cultures. Discover yourself."
"The College of Liberal Arts sees as its mission educating every individual to live more knowledgeably, responsibly, and humanely in a society in which simple solutions no longer answer complex problems."
This beautiful city has an average of 300 days of sunshine a year!
Rated the 14th safest city in America!
The dome of the Austin Capitol stands seven feet higher than that of the Nation’s Capitol in Washington D.C.
Austin is home to North America’s largest urban bat population, if you don’t believe me, go check out Congress bridge!
Austin is the youngest big city in the US per capita with 90,000 total college and university students.
Information thanks to...
1. Reynolds, Dan. "Radioactive." Perf. Wayne Sermon and Ben McKee. Rec. Aug. 2011. Night Visions. Imagine Dragons. Alex Da Kid, 2011. MP3.
2. O'Hair, Dan, and Mary O. Wiemann. Real Communication: An Introduction. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's, 2009. Print.
3. Bear, Jacci Howard. "Blue Color Meanings." About.com Desktop Publishing. Desktop Publishing, 2013. Web. 16 Oct. 2013. <http://desktoppub.about.com/cs/colorselection/p/blue.htm>. Web.
4. Filgate, Nancy. "Interesting Facts About the City of Austin." Facts About Austin. Smart Source Realty, 2012. Web. 24 Oct. 2013. <http://www.sellingaustintx.com/default.asp.pg-FactsAboutAustin>.
5. "One of the Best Catholic Colleges & Universities | St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas." One of the Best Catholic Colleges & Universities | St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2013. <http://www.stedwards.edu/?gclid=CMfT-uiKsLoCFUlp7AodUT0AFQ>.
6. "Google Images." Google Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2013. <http://www.google.com/images>.