Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Vietnam
The Giant Fish
The Nine-Tailed Fox
The Evil Genie of the Forest
Lac Long and Au Co
Legend of the water melon
Story of the rice cake in Tet holiday
Love story of My Chau and Trong Thuy
Shoot at The Moon
The origin of tao quan
Chu Dong Tu and princess Tien Dung
The legend of the Milky Way
The hundred-knot bamboo
The Magic Crossbow
The Mountain of the Woman who is waiting for her husband
The Golden star fruit tree
The story of Luu Binh and Duong Le
The story of Truong's wife
The golden ax
Sue God For Rain
The Price of Love
Why Ducks Sleep Standing On One Leg
The story of Tam and Cam
The Saint Giong "This column of incense smoke by the whirlpool
Is this the temple of the wife of Truong.
When the oil lamp is out, do not listen to the child,
Why the river to bring her misfortune.
Witnesses of her faithfulness are the sun and the moon
Why is it necessary to have an altar to redress the injustice
Passing by we learn the ins and outs of this story
Truong you have been too harsh!" The poem of Truong's wife There are 54 main ethnic groups.
There are 29 letters in the alphabet.
The language has six different tones.
Three basic dialects, all are generally understood by most Vietnamese speakers.
Education from 6-11 years of age is free; beyond the age of 11 the cost of education grows.
Early Vietnamese was written using Chinese characters Wedding traditions
Le an hoi (betrothal ceremony)
The groom and his family goes over and brings an odd number of gifts(betrothal presents) in round lacquered boxes. They are carried by the unmarried family members of the two couples.
Le cuoi (wedding ceremony)
The couple pray before the altar asking their ancestors for permission and parents for their marriage, then express their gratitude to both the groom's and bride's parents for raising and protecting them. Love yeu Culture History Economy Some Traditional Instruments: Vietnam Vietnamese KFC commercial "For example, the word ma has six different meanings according to the tone which the word carries: phantom, ghost; cheek; but, which, who; tomb; horse; young rice seedling." Each tone makes the word different Greeting each other by bowing slightly to each other
The language has six different tones
It is disrespectful to touch another person's head
Uses chopsticks Uses Dong
1 U.S. dollar was equivalent to about 20,850 Dong Clothing Holidays Each ethnic group has it's own clothing styles woven with natural fiber
cotton By Tham Nguyen Vietnam was govern for over a thousand years by China
Trung Trac and Trung Nhi Population:87,840,000
128,066 sq miles Dan bau
Dan ty ba Dan nhi
Oc The yellow star symbolizes farmers, soldiers, youth, intellectuals and workers
red base represents blood split during the country's fight for independence Vietnamese flag stands for: Ingredients: Goi Cuon 1. Have all meats precooked and cold and the rice noodles prepared already (the noodles should be white, long and at room temp).
2. Make sure all veggies and herbs are cleaned, dried, and set out before you start.
3. Dip a sheet of rice paper wrapper into water very quickly, no longer than a second or two (or they will get too soggy) and lay flat on a work surface.
4. On one edge, lay a small handful of noodles, a few strips of meat, some shrimp, some cilantro and mint leaves, a lettuce leaf, some cucumber strips and bean sprouts, all to taste but don't over stuff the roll.
5. Carefully start to roll up eggroll style, tucking in the sides, then continue to roll up-but not too tightly or the spring roll will split.
6. These rolls will be thicker than the typical Chinese-style fried eggrolls.
7. Combine a few spoon fulls of hoisin sauce with some chopped peanuts to use as a dipping sauce (or serve with prepared spicy fish sauce dip called Nuoc Mam, available at Asian markets).
8. Serve immediately- these do not keep and will harden up in the fridge, so it is best to make just as many as you plan to serve 1 package clear edible rice paper sheet1/2 lb cooked chicken
1/2 lb cooked small shrimp (peeled)
1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
1 bunch fresh mint leaves
1 head leafy lettuce, washed and separated into leaves
1 cucumber, peeled and cut into very,very thin strips
1 cup fresh bean sprout, optional
1 package vermicelli rice noodles, prepared according to package directions
Hoisin sauce, to taste
nuoc nam, vietnamese spicy fish sauce One of my favorite food: The Vietnamese family is composed of: The parents, all children, and their in-laws, the grandparents, the great-grandparents, uncles and aunts and their spouses, cousins, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and all in-laws.
Everybody who is related either by blood or marriage.
The man is the head of the house in the traditional family Healthy Life Expectancy Vietnam average life span increased to 73.
The healthy life span is only 66.
Population growth rate in 2011 was estimated about 1.04 percent
Vietnam's population sector estimated to reach 93 million by 2015 Political Population