Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Wave Power
reasonable energy density
clean, without carbon emissions Needs large waves
Irregular waves pattern
Low-frequency waves incompatible
Needs to withstand extreme weather conditions Calculate the power per unit wavefront length that can be obtained from deep-sea waves of amplitude 5.0 m and wave speed v=4.8 ms^-1. Point Absorbers Focusing Devices Overtopping Devices Your turn! Try the questions on the worksheet provided! OWC Formula P/L=(ρgA^2 v)/2 Factors:
Irregular Wave Patterns
ρρρ Ans: 5.9 x 10^5 Wm^-1 How this can affect Canada Positive Factors:
Clean renewable energy
Harnesses a generally unused resource
Can be used across the East and West coast
Excess power can be sold OWC Oscillating Water Column