Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of anorexia
Express fear of gaining weight.
Restricting intact of food
Binge eating then purging Beliefs of Anorexics Terror of gaining weight
preoccupation with thoughts of food
View self as fat even when emaciated
Peculiar handling of food
Rigorous exercise regimen
Self-induced vomiting or use of laxatives
Judges self worth by his or her weight. Pro-Ana Sites where you can get tips and tricks on how to be anorexic or buliemic.
It can be a place where people can come together and feel like equals.
People can learn from one another and can find out tricks on certain things as well.
http://www.proanablog.com/fasting/ To change You have to realize there is a problem
May result in a medical problem that needs to be resolved
-Osteoporosis, symptomatic hypotension and orthostatic blood pressure.
May need to be admitted to the hospital for physical or psychiatric problems. References
Varcarolis, E. M., Halter, M. J.(2010). Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing. pg. 344
Pro ana blog. Retreived from http://www.proanablog.com/fasting/
Youtube video. Retrieved from