Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The SMAR Model for Learning languages
Transcript of The SMAR Model for Learning languages
Technology in Class
Asking students to type a paper!
Technology replaces a pencil and paper language arts task such as writing an essay response to a story or book.
Future-focused learning and teaching
Students create mini-documentaries or recordings with others
Authentic tasks inspire deep learning
- How can education prepare students for living in the 21st century?
- How can schooling change to meet meet the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century?
- How can we prepare students to address "future-focused" issues such as sustainability, globalisation, citizenship, and enterprise? Bolstad, R. (2011)
- Personalising learning –
- Rethinking learners’ and teachers’ roles
- Building a culture of continuous learning for teachers and school leaders
- New kinds of partnerships and relationships
Bolstad, R & Gilbert J, et al. (2012)
A relevant learning model teachers can use to effectively integrate technology in education
Kathy Schrok's SAMR latte diagram (http://bit.ly/1p8AJNt)
09, July, 2014
NZALT Conference 2014
Tailored to the learning preferences of each learner
Paced to the needs of the individual students. Learning goals are
the same for all learners
Learner takes responsibility involves students in shaping
their own pathway
Students make a film about their school life and present it to their sister schools in the target language country.
Typing + text-to-speech system, images and/or videos are used to enrich the writing task.
- "Personalization vs. Differentiation vs. Individualization Report (v2)"
by Barbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskey
Co-Founders of Personalize Learning, LLC
- PPT "Future focused learning by Leigh Hynes
From Hand-writing to Computers
Visit the site "The SARM model for Learning Languages"
All apps/sites I have introduced and references are listed on this side.
Mark Anderson's flow chart (http://bit.ly/1qz37Pr)