Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media - Defending your reputation
Transcript of Social Media - Defending your reputation
“You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).” Social Media
1. What is social media and why is it relevant to your organisation?
2. The risks and steps you can take to minimise exposure
3. PR Strategy AGENDA Social Media - the stats Defending your reputation UGC Malicious
Comments IPR Confidential
Information The Risks Privacy Harassment False
Rules 2 3 Defamation:
"Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreased the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person" Section 1 of Defamation Act 1996
1. not the author, editor or publisher
2. took reasonable care in relation to its publication
3.did not know that what it had done caused or contributed to its publication "It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"
Benjamin Franklin 1 Organisation's website or
social media page Third Party websites or
social media pages
Students Staff & Terms
Policy Intellectual Property www Vicarious
Response Recruitment Confidential
Information Social Media Policy Training Linked-In Contracts & Restrictive Covenants RECRUITMENT TECHNOLOGICAL PR Nestle: “To repeat: we welcome your comments, but please don’t post using an altered version of any of our logos as your profile pic – they will be deleted.”
Paul Griffin: "Hmm, this comment is a bit "Big Brotherish" isn't it? I'll have whatever I like as my logo pic thanks! And if it's altered, it's no longer your logo is it!"
Nestle: "That's a new understanding of intellectual property rights. We'll muse on that. You can have what you like as your profile picture. But if it's an altered version of any of our logos, we'll remove it from this page."
Paul Griffin: "Not sure you're going to win friends in the social media space with this sort of dogmatic approach. I understand that you're on your back-foot due to various issues not excluding Palm Oil but Social Media is about embracing your market, engaging and having a conversation rather than preaching! Read www.cluetrain.com and rethink!"
Anya Redgewell: "I love this!!! Facebook has made being an activist so much easier! Stop chocking the planets lungs and destroying its diversity Nestle, we won't stop until you do!"
Nestle: "Social media: as you can see we're learning as we go. Thanks for the comments." 1. ASSESS
4. USE PROFESSIONALS?
5. ASSESS YOUR LOSS
6. INSURANCE PR STRATEGY SOCIAL MEDIA Online Social Network Sites are less than 15 years old
1,433.5 million users of social networking sites worldwide
Number of users:
Facebook: 600 million (28 million in the UK)
Twitter: 462 million
Linked-In: 161 million
Facebook alone accounts for 20% of all time spent online in the UK
1 billion tweets sent per week, around 140 million every day UGC Regulation 19 of the Electronic Commerce Regulations
The online service provider shall not be liable if:
1. They do not have actual knowledge; or
2. Upon obtaining knowledge, they remove the information expeditiously; and
3. The host has no control over the user 0141 304 6233