Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Tuesday, March 3rd
Transcript of Tuesday, March 3rd
When the narrator or author gives you information about the character.
John was a nice and caring boy.
She was a very jealous girlfriend.
When the narrator or author portrays a character in a certain way through his or her actions or interactions with others. Reader must make an inference.
After walking the old lady across the street, he gave money to the homeless man.
Characterization in Film
Romeo and Juliet
Copy down the EQ and word of the day
Respond to the following prompt in your notebook.
Think of a character from either a book or a movie. List 5 personality traits that you know about that character.
Give examples to support why you chose each trait.
For example, if you say that a character is "nice," how did you know?
Tuesday, March 3rd
Identify the examples below as either direct or indirect characterization; if indirect, list a trait to go along with the example
1. Mrs. Stark is the best teacher in the entire world; she loves all of her students so much!
2. Whenever you see Mrs. Gillen, she is constantly grading papers or working with students.
3. If Ms. White isn't training for a marathon, she can be found running in Central Park.
4. Any time an advisory is having a pizza party, you can find Mr. Santiago sniffing outside the door.
5. Mr. Cuozzo loves to talk about high school baseball.
The process by which an author reveals the personality of a character
Direct or Indirect?
Watch each clip carefully
Consider the actions of the characters and make an inference as to how he/she is being characterized
act i, scene v
O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear
Beauty too rich for use, for earth to dear!