Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of American Football
A football field is 100 yards (about 90 m) long from goal line to goal and 160 feet (about 50 m) wide.Each end of the football field contains an area called the end zone which extends 10 yards past both goal lines. HOW FOOTBALL BEGAN - started more than 140 years ago
- kicking a ball into a goal on a lined field exists for more than 2000 years
- a mix of soccer and rugby
- the Romans and the Spartans played already some version
- 6th November 1869 was the first game when the teams of two universities (Princton and Rutger) played against each other
- Walter Camp a very good player from the Yale University defined the rules in the year 1876 THE TEAMS in the United States some impressions...... SUPER BOWL The biggest event in the football year
2013: 49er´s vs. Ravens
And the winner was: Ravens Portfolio - 2nd semester 2013
Milto Kobald - 2B AMERICAN FOOTBALL in Austria Graz Giants
St. Pölten Invaders
Innsbruck Raiders - the highest-rated show on network TV
- about 100 million fans in the US watch Super Bowl plus the fans all over the world First Yale Football Team The Game The Uniform The jersey is the uniform's shirt. The jersey is basically each player's identity and marks his allegiance to a specific team. The jersey must be large enough to cover the shoulder pads. In the NFL and college, the visiting team usually wears a white jersey. Players and more..... The team who is on offense gets four chances, or plays to advance the ball forward at least 10 yards. If the offensive successfully moves the ball forward 10 yards, they get four more chances. This continues until the offens advances the ball into the opposing team´s end zone or they give up possession of the football. At the back of each end zone are goalposts. The objective of the game is to score points by advancing the ball into the opposing team´s end zone.The ball can be advanced by carrying it, a running play or by throwing it to a teammate, a passing play. At any time during a football game, there are 22 players on the field. This includes the 11 offensive players called O-line , and 11 defense players called D-line. The numbers on the jerseys usually have a fixed allocation to the positions, not least for the orientation of the referee.
For example: 1-9: Quarterbacks, kickers, punter / 60-79: Defense Linemen, Offense-linemen (guards, tackles, Center) / 80-89: Wide Receivers, Tight Ends / 90-99: Linebacker, Defensive Linemen (Defensive Ends, Defensive Tackles) The offensive players work together to try to advance the football into the opposing team´s end zone. The offensive includes a quarterback, a running back and many others. The defense players work together to keep the offense of the other team from scoring or advancing the football into their end zone. The defense includes players in various positions on the field. The team who is on offense gets four chances, or plays to advance the ball forward at least 10 yards. If the offensive successfully moves the ball forward 10 yards, they get four more chances. This continues until the offens advances the ball into the opposing team´s end zone or they give up possession of the football. An offense can gain or loose yards depending on the success. An offense or a defense can lose yards from penalty, which is a punishment for violating a rule on the field. A penalty results in the loss of 5, 10 or 15 yards for the offending team. Points can be scored in a variety of ways. You can carry the ball over the opponent´s goal line for a touchdown which is worth six points. You can kick the ball trough the goal post at the opponent´s end zone after a touchdown for an extra point which is worth one point.
You can kick the ball through the goal post at the opponent´s end zone for a field goal which is worth three points. You can carry or pass the ball over the opponent´s goal line after a touchdown for a two point conversion which is worth two points. You can tackle an opposing ball carrier within his end zone for a safety which is worth two points. The winner is the team with the most points when the game time expires. A football game begins with a coin toss to determine which team will control the football. The football is then kicked to the receiving team to officially begin the game. A football game typically has four quarters. Each quarter lasts 15 minutes for a total actual playing time of one hour. The football game is over if, after one hour of play, one team has outscored the other team. In the event of a tie, another 15 minute quarter is added, called overtime, to determine the winner. The first team to score any points in overtime is the winner. The jersey The helmet and face mask are designed to protect a player's face and head from serious injury. Many players also wear a mouth guard to protect their teeth and prevent themselves from biting their tongues. Helmets and face masks Pads are necessary to absorb the many physical blows a player takes during a game and protect every part of his body. Next to the helmet, the shoulder pads are probably the number-one protective gear players wear. These pads protect a player's shoulders. The pads