Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Google
Miles and Snow typology
The company structural dimensions
Threat of new entrants
Bargaining power of customer
Threat of sebstitute service
Bargianing power of suppliers
> Search engine industry
--> competitors : Bing, Yahoo, MSN
Operation system industry
--> competitors : Microsoft
Porter's five forces
: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
: Search engine
: Mountain View, California
- American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products. These include:
- Online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, and software.
- Google.com is registered as a domain on September 15, 1997.
- The name - a play on the word "googol," a mathematical term for the number represented by the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros, reflects Larry and Sergey's mission to organize a seemingly infinite amount of information on the web.
Key figures and ownership
- Google aim to make the web more accessible to people from all backgrounds and experiences.
- Every day millions of people search on Google for information.
- Google exists to provide the world’s best Internet search experience. Google accomplishes this for millions of users daily by delivering a powerful, fast, and easy way to find the most relevant information available.
- Google toolbar is released: a browser plug-in that makes it possible to search without the Google homepage.
- Google uses various tax avoidance strategies. Out of the five largest American technology companies, it pays the lowest taxes to the countries of origin of its revenues.
Compare with the company’s main competitors (Yahoo):
Comparison between Google and Yahoo
User Rating (722):
User Rating (520):
Product & Service
Don't be evil
“Do you Yahoo?”
@Last Software, Inc. Android, Inc. Applied Semantics, Inc. dMarc Broadcasting, Inc. Ganji Inc. Google International LLC Google LLC Google Payment Corp. Ignite Logic, Inc. JASS Inc. JG Productions Inc. JotSpot Inc. Kaltix Corporation Liquid Acquisitio
Fysix Corporation, Kelkoo S.A., Yahoo Europe Limited, Tumblr Inc., etc
Google is an American public corporation, which is
specialize in search engine
and today it is world’s no. 1 search engine.
Yahoo is an American public corporation and
the internet service provider
for news, emails, yahoo directory, search engine etc.
Search Engine Ranking
No. 1 in US - with market share of 58.5%
No. 2 in US - with market share of 23%
Direct competitor comparison
Google Is Dead: Long Live Alphabet ?
+ The general significance of it is that Google is being “
” of all the projects that are
less related to their core internet business.
+ These projects are being separated into individual companies, and all (including Google) will be controlled by
, a newly created parent company by
as a CEO.
+ Each will have their own CEO chosen by
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
(the original founders of Google), and will be more focused on their individual business goals.
Who will be the new CEO for Google?
Google’s structure used to look like
Here’s how the new structure should look like.
And of course, there’s Google, who will keep control of all of the Internet based aspects, as well as Android.
announced a corporate restructuring, forming an umbrella company called Alphabet and naming a new CEO to the core business of Google. Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin will run Alphabet -- Page as CEO and Brin as president.
To day, Google...
or better known as
who has recently become the talk of literally every town, is the newly appointed
CEO of Google Inc.
on August 10, 2015.
Before the recent promotion, Sundar was the Product Chief at Google and the Right-Hand man behind the former CEO Larry Page.
Google remains the umbrella company for Alphabet's Internet-related businesses. These include many of the most iconic products and services long associated with Google, such as the Android mobile operating system, YouTube, and Google Search, which remain direct components of Google Inc. and were not made subsidiaries of Alphabet.
Google - A Flat Hierarchy
Alphabet - A Flat Hierarchy
Organizational Structure Dimension
it is formalization because there is more process, regulation, and policy.
Specialization or Division of Labor
is extensive specializing which mean each employee performs only a narrow range of task. For example; Arthur Levinson is the CEO of Calico, Google's project to improve human longevity.
- decision making is concentrated at Larry Page as a CEO of
Hierarchy of Authority
- Flat Hierarchy
To organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful.
To make search engines so powerful that they would understand everything in the world.
Value analysis + strategic intend (including competitive analysis):
1.Culture value: Google provide a standard package of fringe benefits, but no top of that are first-class dining facilities, gyms, laundry rooms, massage rooms, haircuts, dry cleaning, commuting buses. Just about anything a hardworking employee might want.
2.Several café stations where employees can rather to eat free food and have conversation.
3.Snack rooms stocked with goodies ranging from candy to healthy foods like carrots and yogurt.
4. Exercise rooms
5. Game rooms with video games, football, pool tables and ping-pong.
6. A baby grand piano for those who enjoy tickling the ivories.
A culture built on
qualitative and quantitative data:
HR, or People Operations, is a science at Google. They’re always testing to find ways to optimize their people, both in term of happiness and performance. In fact, almost everything Google does is based off data. So it should come as no surprise that Google uses all sorts of data gauge employees and improve their productivity.
Google vs. Yahoo; search engine differences:
When trying words Google matches a (good) page on the web-site and Google gives the right page, while Yahoo gives several wrong pages that link to the right page. This is one obvious example that tells with certainty that Google algorithm works better.
Swot and Sweetspot analysis
1. They are the worldwide search engines that are the large systems
2. They have the best programmers and engineers on the world.
3. There are an affiliate program which is the most people using on the internet such as Android, Youtube, Maps, Apps, Ads, etc.
4. Google has a simple that is easy to use, and it gives comprehensive result without confusing.
5. Google has many languages in the world to make it comfortable to search.
6. Google has good and clear interface.
Spammers usually take advantage of Google.
1. It can increase its overall ads. spending online.
2. Increasing mobile device usage by offering google products with mobile-friendly.
1. Competition from firms like Yahoo, MSN, Bing, etc.
2. Privacy issues regarding the content ownership.
3. Dependence on the internet.
The contingency factor analysis
The number of employee is 57,148.
Google is blocked in China, because Chinese government wants to control information within Chinese network.
Goal and Strategy
Google search engine gives the most accurate results. They keep their information safely and carefully in many places, if one of their systems failed another will still work.
Google provide a good workplace for its employee to keep their employee feel comfortable at work.
easy to used