Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of MULTIPLICATION
WHAT IS MULTIPLICATION?
Discuss patterns in the whole chart.
It doesn't all have to be rote memorization with no clues or hints. The chart will easily point out things to look for.
When can we use Multiplication?
Figure out how many pieces of candy to give out to students.
To count money
How to learn Multiplication
STEP 1: Start with the fact families of 0, 1, 2, and 3.
When memorizing, it's important to rehearse a small portion of facts before attempting to learn the entire chart. Remember: Your child isn't counting; they are simply memorizing
Explain how the commutative property makes everything easier. Show the child that each answer repeats, so, technically, they only have to learn half of the chart. 3x7 is the same as 7x3.
When they've learned the fact families of 0, 1, 2, and 3, they already know 4 numbers each of 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Math for 2nd grade students and 3rd grade students
Recognize that the word OF means multiply.
2. Use multiplication as a shortcut for addition.
3. Solve word problems involving multiplication.
4. Interpret multiplication on the number line.
5. Show multiplication facts as arrays.
6. Multiply by zero.
7. Use multiplication to figure out combinations.
8. Recognize and use the identity for multiplication