Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Thai Crisis in Historical Context
Transcript of Thai Crisis in Historical Context
June 24th Coup
December 10th Constitution
A group of military officers (including Phibun) and a group
of Civil servants (including Pridi) Pridi, an intellectual
and a socialist wrote the Constituion:
"the highest power in the land
belongs to the people".
King Rama VII signed it. 1933, a Prince, Boworadet, led a
rebellion, which was crushed. This was
probably the fiercest fighting that Bangkok
experienced in the 20th Century.
The monarchy was out -- the military was in.