Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of WHATSAPP
WhatsApp Inc. was founded in 2009 by US citizens Brian Acton and Jan Koum (also the CEO), both former employees of Yahoo!, and is based in Mountain View, California.
FOUNDED IN 2009
Number of users
CROSS PLATFORM SMARTPHONE MESSENGER
Everyday Whatsapp processes 50 Billion messages.
An average user sends more than 1000 messages per month.
500 million images sent per day.
An average user uploads 40 photos, sends 7 videos & 13 voice messages per month.
how do they make money??
1. I don't want a contact to know I'm on WhatsApp. Can this be done?
2. Can I appear as invisible?
3. If someone is given my old number, will they be able to download my messages and see my contacts?
4. Is there a way to delete contacts forever?
5. Is there any way to tell if someone has read my messages?
6. If I block a person, can they tell?
7. Is there any way to silence a group and receive the messages after?
8. When you invite someone to a group, will they be able to read previous messages?
9. If I delete a message or photo on my phone, is it deleted from the other person's phone too?
9 most burnng questions about whatsapp...
Whatsapp has only 55 employees.
One engineer is responsible for 14 million active users.
72% users check the app everyday
The average number of times that users check the application is approximately 23 times per day.
Pure subscription revenue model.
what made whatsapp so popular without any advertisement??
Here’s a short list that contributed to its increasing usage since 2009:
1. • All you need to sign up is your phone number.
2. • WhatsApp tapped into your contact list to display friends already using the app.
3. • 2G & 3G data plans paved the way for affordable messaging across borders (all you need for WhatsApp is an internet connection).
4. • Free for a year and $0.99 a year for unlimited messages.
5. • MMS was rarely used due to its cost, WhatsApp made it affordable with its photo & video sharing feature.
6. • Cross platform compatibility (still includes Symbian!!) saw users in emerging marketing jump on the bandwagon.
Facebook announced on 19th February 2014 the purchase of Whatsapp in a $ 19 Billion deal.
It means $ 42 per Whatsapp user.
facebook's acquisition of whatsapp
2. Automatic add of contacts
3. You can’t switch it off
4. Battery Use
4 annoying things about whatsapp
1. Facebook's largest acquisition ever
2. Deal bigger than any Microsoft, Google, Apple deal ever
3. Informal talks went for over two years
4. Biggest-ever internet deal
5. Google’s unusual offer to WhatsApp
6. Facebook denied WhatsApp co-founder job in 2009
7. Fee breakup
Facts about the purchase
apart from the basic messaging here are some funtions that whatsapp contain
1. Send WhatsApp conversation history to someone.
2. Change the WhatsApp chat wallpaper.
3. Make back-ups of your WhatsApp conversations.
4. Create shortcuts to WhatsApp conversations.
5. Send much more than just text.
6. Broadcast a WhatsApp message to many contacts.
7. Block and unblock contacts.
Some rarely known features of whatsapp
1. Recover Deleted Messages
2. Send Two Images in One (Magiapp).
3. Change Your Friends’ Profile Picture.
4. Create a Fake Conversation (WhatSaid).
5. Find Out Your WhatsApp Statistics.
And the best one is
Extending Whatsapp license upto 2022 for free!!!!!