Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
2014 HGEA 22nd Biennial
Transcript of 2014 HGEA 22nd Biennial
What is the General Assembly?
The union's highest governing body.
Provides opportunities for fellowship, education and developing solidarity among bargaining units and islands.
Delegates meet every two years
Delegation consists of ~500 HGEA members from all islands and all bargaining units
Revise charter and bylaws as necessary, establish union policies and programs
Review reports and issues relating to the union
Act on resolutions that guide the union and its officers
May 8 - 10, 2014
Hilton Waikoloa Village
Charter, Bylaws & Resolutions Committee
Shall report all proposed amendments and resolutions referred to it to the General Assembly; but the committee can, if it wishes, report a proposal with no recommendation.
Shall have the power to put proposed amendments and resolutions in proper form and ensure that amendments and resolutions relating to a specific subject will be offered in a logical sequence.
January 8 - Charter and Bylaw amendments (120 days before the General Assembly)
February 7 - General resolutions (90 days before the general assembly).
Regular updates provided to staff
via meetings and on the OC
Black HGEA polo shirt
Yellow/tan Reyn's shirt
- Online registration
- Delegate microsite & eBulletins
Core Values in action!
Previous General Assemblies
Business first ...
- Caucuses into the early morning
- No banquet
- Controversial and divisive issues
Hawaii Island Division Chief
Planning with General Assembly Committee has begun
See Julia to provide/update your shirt size