Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Interpretation for Children
Transcript of Interpretation for Children
-"Interpretation for children should be specially prepared and not just a dilution of the adult version"
- "Interpretive information must be rewarding to visitors"
-"Interpretive information must be readily understood" Central Ideas Why Make Interpretation for Children? - More appealing to families
- Contributes to child development
- 26% of the world population is under the age
15 years old. Problems - Too much text
- Too little excitement
- Too little hands-on
- Too wordy Techniques -Use multi-sensory elements
-Simplify the text
-Use more colors
-Offer hands on approach
-Use contrast Case Study: Disney - Disney World is one of the largest attractions in the world with over 17 million visitors annually.
- Produced more than 750 movies.
- Provide more than entertainment; also promote cultural acceptance and environmental appreciation. Do you remember? Smokey the Bear "Only you can prevent forest fires" http://www.smokeybear.com/ Destinations Why is it needed?
When to avoid Where's my
gameboy at!!?? Theme Interpretation for children should be a uniquely developed process that uses simple and interactive techniques, in order to captivate their interests and spark their desire to learn. Use when appropriate Venues for interpretation are not meant to reach all demographics
Interpreters must know their audience
Do not waste effort and resources on those who are not the audience
Using interpretation for children in the wrong setting can make guests feel out of place, bored, and even disrespected
Has anyone ever explained anything to while treating you like a child?
How did that make you feel? When children are involved it is important to cater to them
Children are full of passion
Receptive when engaged
Reaching children can spark life long interests
Ex- Smuggler's Notch Ski School Case Study: Smuggler's Notch Ski School Age specific programs for kids ranging from 6 weeks to 17 years old
Variety of on and off snow activities to keep kids engaged
ski and snowboard instruction
Children are given a choice for which activities they want participate in
Experience is rewarding! Riglet Park Summary Children make up a large demographic
Interpretation should be simple, exciting, and rewarding
Children are highly receptive and eager to learn whats exciting to them
Interpretation for children should be used when appropriate Get them while they're young Any questions class??? Interpretation for children should be a uniquely developed process that uses simple and interactive techniques, in order to captivate their interests and spark their desire to learn.