Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Recycling Aluminum Cans Affects the World
Transcript of Recycling Aluminum Cans Affects the World
Every minute an average of 123,097 aluminum cans are recycled.
Why Recycling Cans is Important
- Recycling aluminum cans can reduce the amount of waste headed into landfills.
- In 1997 the aluminum industry paid approximately $1.03 billion to recyclers.
How Recycling Affects the U.S.A.
On average, Americans recycle 2 out of every 3 aluminum cans they use.
The average aluminum can contains 68% of recycled material.
- Recycling 1 ton of aluminum saves 9 tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
In 2003, the United States' recycling and composting efforts diverted more than 72 million tons of material away from landfills.
Aluminum is the most valuable
packaging material in every day use.
- Since the first industrial production of aluminum in the 1880's, 75% of aluminum produced is still in use today.
Instead we turned those materials into valuable resources.