Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Physical Education : Total Health Project
Transcript of Physical Education : Total Health Project
Teenage Obesity Facts
Food That Contributes to Obesity
Eat & Drink Healthy
About one in three California children (31%), ages 10-17, is overweight or obese, just slightly below the national average (32%)
40% of Latino children, 34% of African American children and 18% of white children in California were overweight or obese
obesity in children is associated with low self-esteem, sadness, loneliness and nervousness.
In children and adolescents, overweight and obesity are associated with increased risk for cardiovascular disease, whose indicators include high total cholesterol, high blood pressure and high fasting insulin, also an early indicator for diabetes.
Health care associated with adult overweight and obesity costs Californians $12.8 billion each year
How to Burn
Play a Sport
Train for a race
1) In a small saucepan, add the almond milk and bring to a boil.
2) Add the oatmeal and cook it for about 1 to 2 minutes (depending on how mushy you like it) stir in the cinnamon and set aside.
3) Divide the mixture between two bowls, top each one with some of the sliced banana, a drizzle of honey and some toasted almonds.
3 Celery sticks
5 Cherry Tomatoes
1 Can of Tuna
1 cup of Quick Cooking Oatmeal
2 cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
½ tsp of Grown Cinnamon
2 Tbsp of Honey
1 Large Banana, sliced
Fresh Berries (optional)
¼ cup of Sliced Almonds, toasted
Dark chocolate chips
Chili powder or Cajun
seasoning (just a sprinkle
1 Tablespoon Curry powder
1/4 Cup Walnuts
2 Cups of Lettuce
1/2 Chicken Breast