Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Wave Interference
On the pattern of a wave, there are points along the medium that are standing still/not showing movement. These that show no displacement are known as
What is Wave Interference?
Wave Interference is the occurrence when two waves come together (meet) while traveling along the same medium.
Constructive Interference is a type of interference that happens at any place on the medium where two intersecting waves have a movement in the same direction.
The other points that appear on the wave are called
This part of the wave undergos vibrations between positive and negative displacement. These points are opposite of nodes.
Destructive Inference is a type of inference that happens at any place along the medium where the two interfering waves have a movement in the opposite direction
Drop a stone into a pond,
watch how the waves ripple.
While the first wave is still
rippling, drop another stone
close to where the first one
was dropped. Now there are two
surface waves colliding and