Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
One in four adults - approximately 61.5 million Americans -
Transcript of One in four adults - approximately 61.5 million Americans -
One in 17 - about 13.6 million - live with a serious mental illness such as schizophrenia, major depression or bipolar disorder.
Approximately 6.7 percent of American adults - about 42 million people - live with major depression.
Approximately 18.1 percent of American adults live with anxiety disorders (OCD), post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), generalized anxiety disorder and phobias.
About 9.2 million adults have co-occurring mental health and addiction disorders.
Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. (more common than homicide) and the 3rd leading cause of death for ages 15 to 24 years.
Although military members comprise less than 1 percent of the U.S. population, veterans represent 20 percent of suicides nationally.
Each day, about 18 veterans die from suicide.