Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Winter - All IS - Technology Committee Presentation
Transcript of Winter - All IS - Technology Committee Presentation
1.Desktop operating system – Windows XP, version 2002, service pack 2
2.Internet browser – IE 6.0
3.Database software – Microsoft SQL and Oracle
4.Citrix Metaframe – Presentation Server version 3.0
5.File and print services – Microsoft Active Directory
6.Directory services – Microsoft Active Directory Hardware Inventory
Current State Analysis
What can be consolidated?
What new hardware can be consolidated onto current hardware?
Is there a better way to do it? What External ways do users interact with IS systems and how can we ensure we are enabling a cohesive experience no matter the touch point? Services.mhc.net
External Web Site - handled by Web Committee
Youtube, Facebook, PHP Motion, etc... IS Team Integration BioMed
Pharmacy Focus on optimizing overlapping functions and coordination. Focus on Technologies that can bridge the Silo's and help our teams function as one. A Forum for all ideas. OneNote
video conferencing Become that strong link to enable Technology across the Organization so we can Thrive during the Coming Winter. Clinicians involved in testing & selection.
Survey's sent out to gather direction.
Technology Fair Every device has a Strategy.
Device Tracking in Altiris. Not well organized with no solid process or purpose. TECHNOLOGY ARCHITECT
• Identify areas of overlap in hardware and applications and possible consolidation of services among IS groups
• Working with the technology committee, update the requirements document for technology acquisition Clinical Informatics Clinical Informatics Member The Winter (of change) is Coming, we MUST be prepared. CMS Meaningful Use Competition HITECH ARRA Internal Project Findings (Ancillary Dept. Integration, ongoing projects) Individual Requests/Needs (Internal & External to IS) Customer Survey's (Yearly Tech Survey) IS Technology Committee Work Groups Web Committee Member Be a good steward Be a Technology Enabler Relevant Updated standards Standardize Technology Offerings & Support across all Organizations & Departments Defined/Easy Process to Ensure Technology Cohesiveness Understand the True ROI of Technology Choices Client Driven Technology Offerings Community Collaboration Technologies Software & Hardware Optimization & Standards Ancillary Departments & IS integration/optimization points End User Devices (Current & Future)