Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Tourism Thailand
Introduction to Thailand
Location: South-East Asia
50th largest country in the world
Population: Approx. 65 million
Capital: Bangkok (7 million citizens)
Official language: Thai
Thank you for listening
Any questions ?
- Insufficient transport
- Instability (Political)
- 'Developing Country'
- Safety and Security
- Great Food
- Friendly People
- Rich Culture
- Expansion of
- Outdoor Adventure
- Competition (Asian Countries)
- World Economic threats
- Natural Disasters
Promotion and Advertising
Print and Broadcast Media
TAT is a leader in online promotion.
- Public and Private sectors
- Domestic and International
- Unified strategy and
Reinforced Position in South East Asia
- TAT & Thai Airways Start Tourism Recovery Campaign with First Media Fam Trip (Feb 2014)
The objective is to help international media get a better understanding of the fact that the political demonstrations
- Monsoon Weddings and Incentives: Indian market to Thailand remains strong
Incentive groups, weddings and honeymoons have become one of the most popular niche tourist segments of Thailand’s tourism in recent years, and the Indian market makes up a large percentage of this in terms of numbers of visitors and money spent
Intensified Agriculture Production and Fishing
Degrading of Land and Water Quality
Launch new initiatives to improve Air and Water quality
Adopt energy efficient technologies and invest in pollution abatement schemes
'Green Fins', Scuba diving
Asia Low emission strategies development (LEDS) partnership - Low Carbon Cities
In 2013 Travel & Tourism directly supported 2,563,000 jobs (6.6% of total national employment). This is expected to fall by 7.2% in 2014 and rise by 4.9% pa to 3,837,000 jobs (9.0% of total national
employment) in 2024.
In 2013, the total contribution of Travel & Tourism to employment, including jobs indirectly supported by the industry, was 15.4% of total employment (6,011,500 jobs).
This is expected to fall by 51% in 2014 to 5,703,500 jobs and rise by 4.4% pa to 8,739,000 jobs in 2024 (20.5% of total)
What does Ideas come to mind when Thailand is mentioned?
A Thai company generally pays tax at 30% of net profit. However, some types of company are entitled to a rate reduction.
- Small business with paid-up capital less than 5 million baht 20% of net profit
- Company registered in the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) 20% of net profit
- Newly registerd company in the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) and Market for Alternative
Investment 20% of net profit for newly registered company for 5 consecutive accounting periods.
- Bangkok International Banking Facility and Regional Operating Headquarters 10% of net
profit from qualified income
- Association and foundations 2% - 10% on gross receipts
A foreign company carrying business in Thailand, whether it has a branch, an office, an
employee or an agent in Thailand shall pay 30% tax only on profit deriving from business in Thailand.
International transportation company shall pay tax at the rate of 3% on gross receipts.
Export: 60% of Thailand's GDP
e.g. agricultural products, fish, rice
Tourism: 7% of Thailand's GDP
Range from 19-38 °C
Country divided into three seasons
TAT's visitors statistics
Target for 2014: 28.1 million visitors
2013: 26,735,583 visitors
Largest markets: China, Malaysia, India, Russia, Japan, Korea and Laos
Visitors to experience Thai way of living and culture
To distribute tourism arrivals
Reach a 2 billion baht revenue
Arise awareness of Thailand as a quality destination
TAT, World Responsible Tourism Awards (best volunteering group)
Thai Cultural Policy
The Thai national cultural policy was formulated in 1981.
1. Support the preservation of the Thai culture in all aspects through education,
research, animation and development.
2. Disseminate the Thai culture to the Thai people at large enabling them to
understand and realize the values of their own culture and to translate these values into action.
3. Promote traditional local and ethnic culture.
4. Support and promote cultural exchange at regional and international levels with the
aim of creating international understanding
5. Support and promote coordination and cooperation among the government agencies
and private sectors engaged in cultural activities.
Partnerships with Suppliers of products and services.....
Camping and tent resorts
etc... In relation with website
Promotion & Advertising
Thailand tourism is both in a public-private partnership and the cooperation of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).
Is member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
Strongly organized at an international level
TAT is important for Thailand's security and economy
Key words for 2014: "Thainess" & "Balance"
South-East Asia with similar characteristics
E.g. Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia
TAT's task: to enhance Thailand's position in the market
Divided into niches
Wedding and honeymoon
Health & wellness
"Higher Revenue through Thainess"
Communication & distribution politic
Application: "Amazing Thaland for tourists"
Balance: better distribution of visitors and promoting low season
Inviting international media to show that tourist can feel safe
In cooperation with Thai Airways
Lonely Planet ranked Thailand as one of the 10 best value destinations in 2010
Want to bring in more middle-to-high income visitors
How to bring international travelers
Wedding and honeymoon
Medical & wellness
How to distribute domestic travelers
New campaign: "Dream Destination"
New Years countdown
Continue with campaign: "Amazing Thailand Countdown 2014"
TAT is a governmental organization
2012, 1.7 billion baht
2013, 2.7 billion baht
2014, 4.3 billion baht
"Thainess" & "Balancing"
Specific event sponsorship with other companies