Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Life expectancy vs. GDP per capita
Transcript of Life expectancy vs. GDP per capita
Trends and patterns
By Tim Li and Danny Yoo 1-2
State of Qatar
Also known as "Katar".
Ranked 2nd out of 15
Overall score above the world and regional averages.
Very small state-11,586 km2: about one third of Vancouver Island's size.
One of the richest countries in the world: $102,700 (2011est).
GDP per capita
1797/2660 = 0.676
Since 1920's, Qatar had been a protectorate of Britain.
The discovery of oil deposits in the 1940's has made persian gulf once again the crossroad of the modern world.
Numbers of Companies formed， such as AngloPersian Oil Company and Iraq Petroleum Company (IPC).
The formation of the AngloPersian Company in the 1940's completely changed the economic structure of Qatar.
- Botswana has the second
highest rate of HIV/AIDS adult
prevalence rate (2009 est.)
- total population is still growing because of a higher dependency
ratio caused by HIV/AIDS
- Botswana gained
independence in 1966
- had a thriving diamond mining
industry; GDP per capita is still increasing
- fails to correlate with our thesis
Want to be wealthy?
First get healthy.
- the average number of years a newborn child would live if current morality patterns were to stay the same
- the value of all goods and services produced within a country in a year divided by the average population of that same year