Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
English 9: Day 18
Transcript of English 9: Day 18
Sherman Alexie interview
Olivia who was more perceptive than most ninth graders saw that one teachers smile was genuine. That teacher wore a white shirt and a long pink skirt. She even had a pink flower stuck in her thick blonde hair.
Olivia, who was more perceptive than most ninth-graders, saw that one teacher's smile was genuine. That teacher wore a white shirt and a long pink skirt. She even had a pink flower stuck in her thick blonde hair.
Sherman Alexie Interview
1. In what ways is the Sherman Alexie you saw on the video similar to Arnold Spirit?
2. If you could interview Sherman Alexie, what would you ask him?
3. What made Sherman Alexie a target on the reservation?
4. In the video, Sherman Alexie said, “The notion of any sort of success was seen as being white.” How does this quote speak to you?
5. Do you agree or disagree with Sherman Alexie’s belief that “everyone feels like an outsider”? Why or why not?
6. Have you ever found
? Talk about it.
7. According to Sherman Alexie, the tiny town of Reardan “might as well have been New York”. Talk about the feelings for Sherman Alexie that might have come from this contrast.
8. Do you agree with Sherman Alexie’s decision to hide the pain of his childhood from his own children? Why or why not?
9. In the video, Sherman Alexie talked about the “typical rez life” which included parents who were alcoholics, being randomly poor, and government housing. How does this relate to earlier articles we read about low socioeconomic status?