Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Louis Armstrong Prezi
Transcript of Louis Armstrong Prezi
By: Harley, Abdulla, Jack, Max family in New Orleans, Was Given up by his parents
to his Grandmother, Josephine
Armstrong, But later mover
back in with his mom at the
age of 5. His dad had
Bailed on him. Louis tried to make money to help
support the house, but his mother
still was a prostitute.
At the age of 11, while in his academy for
troubled children, the band teacher taught
him to play cornet, and He began singing
with a quartet of boys in the streets for
money http://www.biography.com/people/louis-armstrong-9188912 Link To Short Biograhpy In 1914, he began dreaming of a life making
music. Louis was married 4 times. In 1918, he married Daisy Parker, a prostitute.
Armstrong adopted a three-year-old boy named Clarence. Armstrong's cousin was the kids mother and she had died in childbirth. Clarence was also mentally disabled from an accident that happened
during his younger life. Louis absolutely loved children.
This marraige, as so for the next two all ended in a divorce.
Lucille Wilson (12 October 1942 - 6 July 1971) (his death)
Alpha Smith (11 October 1938 - 1942) (divorced)
Lil Armstrong (4 February 1924 - 1938) (divorced)
Daisy Parker (19 March 1918 - 18 December 1923) (divorced) Louis Armstrong Kicks Off His Music Career
Louis Armstrong is best known for his ability
to play the trumpet, and his raspy singing voice.
Armstrong at the time was one of the most
famous and infulential jazz musicians. He started
an era for all new jazz musicians everywhere. Some of Louis Armstrong's
greatest hits were...
1. What a Wonderful World
2. Hello Dolly!
3. Potato Head Blues
4. La Vie En Rose
5. Heebie Jeebies Armstrong died of a heart attack in his sleep on July 6, 1971, a month before his 70th birthday.
He was in Corona, Queens, New York City, at the time of his death. He passed away in his sleep. Random Facts About Louis Armstrong....
1. For his funeral he had 12 honorary Paulbearers
One of which was Frank Sinatra
2. He had 2 nicknames: Satchmo (short for Satchelmouth) and Pops
3. Married four times but had no legitimate offspring
4. Was Also a comedian!
5. He won the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1972
6. Was actually arrested at age 12, and put into a children's home for troubled kids. This is actually where he first got his taste in music.
7. Was a heavy smoker, which is how he got his
voice to be so raspy when he sang.
8. Louis Armstrong was an exceptional Trumpet player, being taught by Joe "King" Oliver, helped add his own special flow to his songs and revolutionize Jazz.
9. His first band he ever played in was the Fate Marable's band in St. Louis Sources:
Louisiana on August 4th, 1901 Was born into a poor