Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
10 November, 1960
Symbols & Ironies
A Study in Emerald
Fiction: Crime & Mystery
Detective (Sherlock Holmes)
British Empire - Colonization
Book reviews & Interviews
was published in Imagine Magazine in May 1984
Comics & Screenwriting
's by Alan Moore fresh approach inspired him to create comics
became 1st comic to receive a literary award (World Fantasy Award)
The friend (Detective)
Mr. Sherry Vernet
The Limping Doctor
Prince Franz Drago of Bohemia
Story as a symbol
Author's effort to bring awareness around War in Afghanistan in 2003
The Old Ones - leaders of the Western World
Restorationists - terrorists who are willing to stop Western leaders
Comics & Screenwriting
Symbols in Story:
Red Moon - occurred bloodshed
Smoking pipe - thinking
Queen - creature from Lovecraft world
2 series for
Two-part series for Batman (
Dr. Who, Beowulf
Green ichor - victim is not human
Internal conflict: The narrator feeling useless
External conflict: Too much mystery
J. R. R. Tolkien
Allusions to Conan Doyle:
The murdered Prince being Bohemian references "A Scandal in Bohemia"
"The Dynamics of an Asteroid", written by Professor J.Moriarty, is first mentioned in "The Valley of Fear"
C. S. Lewis
Title "Study in Emerald" alludes to Sherlock Holmes story "A Study in Scarlet"
Writes books for
His works do not remain true to
Likes mixing genres which seem to be incompatible
#1 top selling author
according NY Times
The Plot Graph
1) Royals are showed as creatures from other world
2) "There are many ears in the city" said friend being outside, and not another word was spoken until they had hailed a cab.
3) Lestrade: "He was here for holidays and change of a air".
Friend: "For theaters, the whores and the gaming tables, you mean"
What do you think was the detective main motivation?
What was the name of the comic, that received the "
Fantasy World Award
" as Best Short Story?
What do you think
What was a symbol of
not human creatures
in a story?