Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Religious Figures (New France)
Transcript of Religious Figures (New France)
- Spread the Roman Catholic religion to the first nations
-Establish schools for boys The Ursuline Nuns Marie Martin is twenty-year old with a husband and a son. Her husband worked as a silk merchant but his buisness failed. In 1632 she decided to enter a covenant of St.Ursuline and became a nun. In 1693 she and 2 other sisters arrived at Quebec. Marie died in 1672. Before the Ursuline there were only schools for boys. In 1634 the Jesuit took their missions to the Hurons. Their plans were to build missionary centers near major canoe routes. In 1639 they began a construction of sainte marie amoung the hurons. Later then the Iroqois attacked the hurons in 1648 and 5 Jesuits died. Next year they decided to abondon the Sainte Marie but the inhabbitants suffered from lack of food. The Iroquois were enemies with the hurons and the Jesuits were affraid a war would break out. In the winter of 1649 Iroquois destroyed the center. What I think the most important part is the Jesuit preists goals because help spread the Roman catholic religion to the first nations and they made schools for boys.