Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Elena Itamar Emma D Block 2014
Transcript of Elena Itamar Emma D Block 2014
* Tel Aviv
Religions of Israel
Sunni Islam practiced
in traditions of the prophet
in following hadith (recorded sayings and actions of Muhammed)
that the first four caliphs were the rightful successors to Muhammed
Muslim leaders can be chosen from members of the community, just need strong knowledge of Islam, Islamic law, and the Koran
pray 5 times a day
fast during Ramadan
read from the Koran
go to Mosques
* Al Aqsa is the third holiest site in Islam.
* It was completed in 705 a.d.
* The architecture was Islamic architecture and the architect was Az Zahir.
* Located in Jerusalem, Israel.
*Haram Al Sharif is one of the holiest religious sites in the city of Jerusalem.
*It was built sometime in the first century b.c.e.
*It has been a religious site for thousands of years.
*In English it is known as The Mount.
Al-Faisal, Turki. "Land first, then peace." New York Times 13 Sept. 2009: 16(L). Global Issues In Context. Web. 14 Jan. 2014.
"Israel." Britannica School. Encyclopædia
Britannica, Inc., 2014. Web. 14 Jan. 2014.
Melton, J. Gordon. "Israel." World Religions: Belief, Culture, and Controversy. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 14 Jan. 2014
Sodiq, Yushau. "Sunni." World Religions: Belief, Culture, and Controversy. ABC-CLIO, 2014. Web. 14 Jan. 2014.
World Trade Press. "Israel: Religion." AtoZ The World. World Trade Press, n.d. Web. 14 January 2014.
Expectations of modesty
The Hijab which is word for the coverings for muslim women. This word means the covering of everything but hands, face, and feet,these are long and never see through. They must always wear this unless they are only with their father, brother, uncle, grandfather or young children, it also does not need to be worn around other muslim women. A women who wears this is called a Muhaajaba. 43 percent of muslim women wear a head cover. The role of the hajib is to uphold chastity,prevent desires and lastly to allow modesty.
History of Islam in Israel
* Islam was first introduced to Israel during the 7th century when muslim Armies from the Arabian Peninsula conquered the Israel territory that was previously controlled by the Byzantine Empire.
* Islam Spread throughout Israel due to its previous Arab rule ever since the 7th century until 1948, when Israel was declared a jewish nation.
26 Palestinian Prisoners were released from Israel on October 30, 2013.5 prisoners from Gaza and 21 from West bank. West Bank and Gaza are the Palestinian territories in Israel.Palestine includes West Bank and Gaza Strip, which are intercepted geographically by Israel. The Palestine vs. Israel conflict is in summary a Islam vs. Judaism conflict, and has been going on for centuries. The source of conflict is a difference in faith. In Both Religions, Israel is viewed as a Holy place. In 1948, The jewish people were given a large portion of Israel to form a jewish nation, while still majorly inhabited by Muslims. Therefore,an ongoing feud arose between the two nations, of which nation deserves the land.Today, Palestine and Israel attempt peace but fail come to any agreements. That is why both nations battle each other and keep hostages. This issue has lasted ever since jews migrated to Israel in 1948, and will continue to last as long as both nations persist on fighting.