Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Mars
What are the characteristics of Mars that makes it different from Earth?
The Curiosity Rover
What are some of the significant theories of Mars?
What are the contributions of the new discoveries of Mars?
Supply of water(3)
Distance from the sun(3)
Early Discoveries by people:
Christian Huygens (1659)(1)
Giovanni Casssini (1666)(1)
William Herschel (1777-1783)(1)
: The air or climate
: a "dark spot" located in the boundary between the northern lowlands and southern highlands of Mars
Plate Techtonics：a theory explaining the structure of the earth's crust
NASA: an independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
Asaph Hall (1877) (1)
William Wallace Campbell (1894)(1)
Life on Mars:
For centuries, people predicted that there was life on Mars. (2)
In January 2014, NASA reported that current study by rovers will now be searching for evidence of Ancient life. (4)
Some people believe that human came from Mars:
since Mars is similar to earth, people believe that human could of lived there (5)
People believe that Mars was once a place where you could live (5)
By the 1800's people knew some things for certain about Mars.(1)
There were also things that people did not know for certain, but predicted about Mars(1)
1.Pyle, Rob. Destination Mars. New York : Prometheus Books, 2012.
2. Taylor, F.W.
The Photographic Guide to the Planets.
United Kingdom: University Press, Cambridge, 2001.
3. Celine, "Earth vs. Mars."
Differences between Earth and Mars.
20 September 2010
Mars Pathfinder Project Information.
23 August 2005.
5. Banerdt, W. Bruce. "Mars Exploration Rover Mission." World Book Student. World Book, 2014.
Mars Atmosphere Loss,
NASA Goddard, Youtube. Nov 7 2013
7. Curiosity Rover, Mars Science Labatory, NASA, http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/videos/