Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of GUL -AHMED
“To deliver value to our partners through innovative technology and teamwork. Fulfilling our social and environmental responsibilities”
The group began trading in textiles in the early 1900s
The group entered in the field of manufacturing with the establishment of today's iconic name of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills Ltd in the year 1953
capacity of more than 130,000 spindles, 300 state-of-the-art weaving machines and most modern yarn dyeing, processing & stitching units
Gul Ahmed now has an extensive chain of more than 40 retail stores across the country
Akbar Ali Rajwani (14804)
Areeba Jamal (11855)
Sehar Amin (12069)
Market Leader in Pakistan with a strong Brand Name
Trusted for Quality, Novelty & Eminence
Offering personalization on some of their products i.e. order taking
There is not complete exclusive distribution for Ideas
Marketing not rigorously
Their outlets indifferent cities have different ways of displays i.e. there is no coherence
Should go global more rigorously
Invest in the business of sportswear
Advertisement campaigns and display on the social networking sites
Competition in the local and international market
Political and economical instability
Increasing cost due to higher taxes or government regulations and power shortage
Elegant, Colorful & Trendy Designs
Cost Effective Production
Innovative technology applications in comparison to its competitors
Quality, novelty and eminence
Quality of material
One shop stop
Al-Karam, Chen One, Nishat, Khaadi.
Bedding (Quilt covers, cushion covers, bedsheet sets etc.)
Clothing Line by Ideas (kurtas, readymade women/men cloths, denim, shirts etc.)
Fashion Accessories (Slippers, scarves, ties, ladies bags, etc.)
Cost Based Pricing
Product Line Pricing
Ideas Stores at:
Legacy, Trend setting, status symbol and the “original lawn” title keeps the customer loyal to Gul Ahmed. People refer the brand to the Pakistanis living abroad since Gul Ahmed has made itself available all around the world through its online shop facility
Problems with Gul Ahmed
1. Their ready to wear dresses are not as good as their competition especially their direct competitors Nishat and Al-karam have a better variety in ready to wear. Customers show concern that their ready to wear dresses are usually made from their older unstitched collection.
2. Gul Ahmed seems to take the advantage of being the senior player, hence forgetting that the competitors are coming up with innovative ideas and extensions, Khaadi have started of their Khaadi Home just now and are entering into furniture as well, and they include everything that is needed to decorate a home from bed sheet to wall hangings and paintings, which Gul Ahmed is still not offering and needs to focus on.
3. Customers who have now switched to other brands from Gul Ahmed tell they were not satisfied with the material they were offering some years back, but do agree that they have improved it now. This will remain a drawback as it gave the competitors chance to prove themselves.
4. Gul Ahmed also fails to bring in seasonal promotions, like Al-karam gives incentives on mother’s day etc. Gul Ahmed on other hand only holds a upto 70% sale twice a year.
1. They should improve their ready to wear line by hiring new designers and also increasing the variety.
2. They should now advertise through TVCs as well and through other mediumd rigorously
3. Gul Ahmed needs to be more innovative and come up with some line extensions to get customer attraction
4. Gul Ahmed still needs to work on their quality and have to become more customer oriented.
5. They should offer deals, and discounts more often.
6. They should explore new markets like America, Far east Asia.
7. They should start its furniture line because there is lot scope.
8. They should also increase their Outlets.
9. They must hire a well known celebrity to be their Brand Ambassdor ( celebrity, sportsmen)