Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SoTL Adventure
Nevid, Pastva & McClelland (2013) asked the question does it matter what kind of low-stakes writing assignments students engage in, or whether they choose the topic?
But writing-to-learn works really well at improving students' understanding of specific content.
you know what I think was really great about this study?
but the authors only know that gender & year didn't differ across groups in study 1.
What's the gap that my SoTL project is going to fill?
Does writing-to-learn help students with their metacognitive skills?
Does writing-to-learn help students with their writing skills?
1st semester, Wednesdays, 1-4pm
2nd semester, Tuesdays, 6-9pm
DV1: performance on the final exam.
DV2: performance on their next Psychology essay.
recruitment & collecting consent (ethics)
why I avoided random assignment (ethics)
validating my measure of the dependent variables
the problems associated with my between-subject design
Thanks for listening & participating.
Does writing-to-learn improve learning & writing: A cognitive psychology research adventure