Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
* Transformed the architecture of Athens
* Goals = "(1) to strengthen Athenian democracy, (2) to hold
and strengthen the empire, and (3) to glorify Athens".
(World History, 2012:
* Ruled Athens for 32
The Age of Pericles
*Delian League = Athens + Athen's Allies
*Peloponnesian League = Sparta + Spartan's Allies
The Delian and the Peloponnese Leagues
"As Athens grew in wealth,
, and power, other city-states began to view it with
. Ill will was especially strong between Sparta and Athens. Many people thought that war between the two was inevitable. Instead of trying to avoid conflict, leaders in Athens and Sparta pressed for a war to begin, as both groups of leaders believed their own city had the advantage. Eventually, Sparta declared war on Athens in 431 B.C."
(World History, 2012: 137)
The Peloponnesian War
Main Characteristics and variations made by Pericles:
*Leader chosen by lot
* Increased number of public officers --> All Athenian men were
with the public life
* Public positions must be payed
The Athenian Democracy
Greatest architects and artists to glorify Athens --> New buildings and sculptures
The Parthenon --> Athena