Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cell cycle, mitosis, and meiosis
Transcript of Cell cycle, mitosis, and meiosis
tissue formation, including cancer, and
asexual & sexual reproduction
What is mitosis exactly?
The cell cycle describes the life cycle of a single-celled organism including its asexual reproduction.
The Cell Cycle
In multicellular organisms...
The Cell Cycle describes the process of growth and repair. It is also the process that does not work correctly when cancer tumours arise and grow. Cell lines, e.g., HeLa 'reproduce' through mitosis.
The Cell Cycle, Mitosis,
What is meiosis exactly?
THE CELL CYCLE
Did meiosis evolve from mitosis or exist as a form of cell reproduction?
Some protists have a primitive form of meiosis e.g. Giardia intestinalis which may have been present in the common unicellular ancestor
Evolution of meiosis