Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Cell cycle, mitosis, and meiosis
Transcript of Cell cycle, mitosis, and meiosis
tissue formation, including cancer, and
asexual & sexual reproduction
What is mitosis exactly?
The cell cycle describes the life cycle of a single-celled organism including its asexual reproduction.
The Cell Cycle
In multicellular organisms...
The Cell Cycle describes the process of growth and repair. It is also the process that does not work correctly when cancer tumours arise and grow. Cell lines, e.g., HeLa 'reproduce' through mitosis.
The Cell Cycle, Mitosis,
What is meiosis exactly?
THE CELL CYCLE
Some scientists ask: "Did meiosis develop from mitosis or exist as a form of cell reproduction in its own right at any stage?" Some scientists 'speculate' that certain protists which have a primitive form of meiosis e.g.
indicates that such a system may have been present in the common unicellular ancestor. Using a modern organism to argue for a situation of billions of years ago as a survivor as opposed to all other lifeforms and then dismiss the argument that life has not changed utterly is 'problematic'.
Development of meiosis