Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Role of the Scoutmaster
Transcript of The Role of the Scoutmaster
Qualities of a Scoutmaster
Works well with boys
Cares about youth
Teaches and encourages self-reliance and independence
Understands the Scouting program
Sets a positive example
Comfortable in the outdoors
What a Scoutmaster must BE:
Role model - Scout Oath and Law
A friend to the boys while working with and guiding them
A good example-proper uniforming
What a Scoutmaster must KNOW:
Program comes to life when boys are given real responsibility
Best way to operate a troop is by the patrol method with youth leadership
The skills to deliver the promise of Scouting
Resources are available to Scoutmasters
Other adult leaders
What a Scoutmaster must DO:
Help boys develop into confident leaders
Enjoy yourself! Energy and positive attitudes are contagious!