Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Science Project
Japan Earthquake/ Tsunami
sudden movement of the Pacific plate sliding under the North America.
rising water, upward movement, released energy, displacing ocean and causing Tsunami
death toll of 1000+ after earthquake ended within hours
radio active leaking in Nuclear power plant
destroyed and washed away homes, cities and farm land
Facts Earth quake occured on March, 11 2011
Occured in Northern Japan, Sendai
Learned that when warnings are given they should evacuate immediatly
One event can set off another one and cause more damage
Death toll of 11417 officially
about 10,000 more are missing
about 434,000 are homeless or in shelters
Final estimated death toll of 25,000
Japan was moved about 6 feet from original spot
Sientists can use new technology to do their best to get warnings earlier
they are trying to predict where future quakes will occur