Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Marketing-- Zubaid FD-IV
Transcript of Marketing-- Zubaid FD-IV
Marketing Research Methodology
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) established in January, 1964 is engaged in development, design and marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment and accessory products.
: Beaverton, Oregon,
Universe of the study:
For this project all the people who wear Sports wear forms the universe.
In this research study, sampling frame comprises of friends, families and relatives.
: The sampling technique applied is
: The sample size undertaken in this research study is 75
Nike has been developing its marketing
mix consisting of the four P’s i.e.
The brand Nike has positioned itself in the minds of the consumer as a high-end product which is quite costly but gives the value for money with its service,quality and designs.All this analysis provides Nike with the customer satisfaction and thus loyalty that it needs to achieve high volumes and profitability.
PESTLE analysis of NIKE
Nike is a global brand specializing in the design and manufacture of athletic apparel, footwear, accessories and equipment; it is headquartered in the United States, Europe, and the Asia Pacific Region .Its products are available through over 20,000 retail outlets, including those in its own footfall outlets, e.g. Nike Factory stores .This study considers the contemporary business environment of Nike using a PESTLE approach, paying particular attention to any human resources management (HRM) issues that may arise under each heading. Overall, it is argued here that Nike has attempted to address various business and social challenges by harmonizing its value proposition to ‘Consumers, shareholders, business partners, employees, and the community.
Consumer Buying Decision
Many of the population feel that Nike is endorsed and worn most by the Sports persons,
has good designs
so it is reliable brand.
The purchase decision of the consumers were influenced by their Personal Decision and then by their peers.
Most of sample population gathers information about their sports wear through their personal experience.
NIKE -PESTLE is:
- How the success, profit and growth of Nike is dependent on government policies catered towards business.
We did however believe this was less of an issue for Nike being a global brand, national policy affects them less than a brand that is limited to only one nation.
- Naturally, the recession affects Nike greatly. We discussed how Nike was a premium brand, this may even be even more relevant as it is these premium products are hit the hardest in economic downturns.
- Nike is now focused on the social aspect of business (corporate social responsibility), this is well known. The social backlash of the sweatshops was big, and Nike needs to avoid such things happening in the future. Also, following the recent Olympics, sports footwear is naturally more demanded for.
- Technology advancements are key for Nike as they are the market leader in athletic footwear. So staying innovative and up-to-date with the current wants and needs of their target market is key in order to retain their position as market leader. This requirement for technology can be seen throughout the entirety of Nike, from manufacturing methods to understand consumer needs and deciding how they are best targeted (something which technology and IT can help to manage and organize)
- The legal implications of sweatshops is something Nike must be aware of. It is not something legal in most first world countries and while it crosses ethical borders, it may or may not be legal in other countries. The legal implications of pay and child labour is something Nike must consider when decided where their manufacturing warehouses should be located.
- According to the Bloomberg Business Week magazine, Nike has recently managed to fully eradicate their use of “SF6” gas in their air cushioning found in their shoes. They did this due to environmental “watchdogs” who wanted either the idea to be scrapped, or for a new gas to be used. According to the magazine, Nike now uses Nitrogen instead. This is important because this shows how societies care for environmental issues is growing, and how methods that have served Nike for so many years, need to be changed to reflect the change in societies demands
When asked by the customers to rate the most important factor involved in buying sports shoe as per your level of preference.If we consider the mode values then following would be the preference values of our sample.
1. Comfort and Long Lasting
3. Brand Image
Thus Nike has soughed out the mix that will best help it achieve its goals of maximum profitability
Nike provides features, designs, various brands, packaging along with some extra features like warranties and after sales service
Nike also provides packaging with collaboration with other brands.Eg. Selling i-pods with their jogging shoes range.
Their pricing strategy's to provide value
at high cost with maximum profitability.
Thus they have high margins but this can
be justifiable due to its advertising and
Nike is a multi-national organization. Thus it needs to develop a wide range of distribution channel which can support its retail business.
Nike is extensively involved in Promotion and advertising. Nike uses advertising,sales promotion, advertisement campaigns, public relations and publicity and sales offers to build awareness and brand image and loyalty.Nike endorses various celebrities such as athletes, football players, cricketers,tennis etc.
Nike takes into consideration various aspects of its products as it is in a product or
consumer market. Thus it needs to have extensive range of products to withstandits competition.
SECONDARY DATA COLLECTION
Nike's New Innovation
NIKE PRO RIVAL BRA
Without a great bra, a woman's workout is completely compromised. The Nike Pro Bra collection aims to make sure that is never the case, regardless of an athlete’s shape or support needs. The new collection spans more than 20 sizes and introduced the custom-calculated Nike Pro 360 Fit System to address diverse body types, sports and workouts
Primary Data Collection
Nike has been into different new innovation to upgrade its brand image and quality.
Due to its high price value, middle class people see this brand high than other sports brand (adidas, puma)
Nike offers very less discount on select products for a limited period to maintain its brand value.
Its marketing strategy is strong, endorsement through famous celebrities like, Jordan, Woods etc
timesofindia (online magazine)
youtube (for video)
Its Guerrilla Marketing is even conceptual and interesting which attracts more customers and increase in sales
“NIKE, Inc.'s commitment to a
more transparent and sustainable future is
stronger than ever. To fulfill our potential we know
we need to operate in completely new ways, making sustainability integral to our innovation and performance.”
— MARK PARKER
President & CEO
A sustainable future requires evolving Nike’s business model to deliver profitable growth while designing the best performance products for athletes, while minimizing the environmental impact, using innovation to bring about positive change across the entire supply chain and continuing to listen to the voice of the worker.
NIKE’S MADE SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS, BUT
WE KNOW THERE IS NO FINISH LINE.
To give Response to Questionnaire, go to