Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Julie's Prezi
How can I use the explicit teaching of comprehension strategies to strengthen student's ability to use these strategies during independent reading?
Students will demonstrate the use of 'Thinking Notes' to show that they are using the comprehension strategies while independent reading independently.
How can thinking be assessed when it is invisible?
Does written and oral assessment demonstrate the thinking ability?
Will students use the skill when faced with a difficult text?
Students will comprehend text with deeper understanding and engagement.
Students love to talk about their thoughts.
Sentence frames help students effectively say what they mean.
Marking up photocopied text is also fun.
Teacher Take Away
'Close Reading' resources are plentiful on Pintrest
Post Its are fun
taking kids' pics make them feel valued