Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Purple Spotted Swallowtail
Transcript of Purple Spotted Swallowtail
-hind wings are black with tails
-black body Description -only native to Papua New Quinea
-found at high points in the mountains Habitat Abdomen: cone-shaped
:houses organs responsible for breathing
Passive Respiration: don't use lungs
:instead they use a chemical process to take in oxygen
Spiracles: helps take in oxygen and let out carbon dioxide
:located on side of body
Tracheal Tubes: diverts oxygen to different parts of body
Oran Systems - they feed on nectar from berries,bushes, flowers and trees What do they Eat? -The reason they are called swallowtails is because that have 2 appendages on their hind wings
-The male butterfly is more colorful than the famale so he can attract a mate
-Life span: 2-4 weeks
-Their oxygen is not transported throught their blood Interesting Facts