Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Israel Social TV
Transcript of Israel Social TV
What do you mean "Independent"?
Video Introduction to our work:
Thursday, June 5th, 2014
Social Order Edition
Israel Social TV
Funding, Ownership, Voice
The Nation's Army, 6/3/2013
Video Item: Omar Saad
Who is Israel Social TV?
Israel Social TV Website
Rampant Agriculture, 3/12/2014
Channel System & Video Item
Weekly Magazine, Watchdog, Studio, etc
Products and Process
Israel Social TV sees itself as a social change organization that uses the tools of independent media to advance a social agenda that focuses on equality and human rights in Israel.
Social Change Through Media
Website, Youtube, Facebook, +972mag...
Distribution and Partnerships
"Microphone for Democracy" is an initiative of Israel Social TV that provides a platform for local activists to broadcast their work and issue to reach broader audiences
Video Reports on Omar Saad:
The Nation's Army
Demonstration in C Major
Saad in Prison 6
Israel Social TV (ISTV) is a leading alternative TV news organization in Israel.
Established in 2006 as a non-profit, independent, online news NGO.
ISTV is a social change organization whose 'tactic' is media
Our vision is to bring about radical change and conversation, not just in Israeli society but also in the Israeli media.
ISTV produces regularly updated news coverage, weekly magazines, and investigative reports on pressing (and often controversial) social, cultural, economic, human rights and political issues that shape public awareness.
-No State Funding
-No crony capitalist influences
-Yes to providing
"non journalistic" services to social change organizations (promotional videos, etc)
Our estimated reach is 50-75,000 viewers every month:
Bi-weekly broadcast on Israel’s Community Channel 98 and Hala TV;
ISTV’s website (2000+ daily visits)
25,000 Likes on Facebook
Hebrew language mailing list that includes over 22,000 educators, mainstream journalists, change agents, and decision makers.
English Language mailing list
"B'Guf Rishon", or "In the First Person" is a new program that involves interviewing people on the street about a recent event or subject that is relevant in the news.
-Filming the Social Order Weekly Magazine in our studio/office space. We film once per week.
-Media Watchdog Items
-Full conferences, other
Civil Society Engagement
Joint NGO Cooperation
Relevant, Interesting Items
Raising Minority Voices
Broadening our Audience
Process of Creating a Video Report from Concept to Completion:
1. Setting up and thinking of an idea
2. Meet with Ehud to confirm the idea, decide what level of coverage
3. Find suitable interviewees
4. Prepare the script for filming (timing, speech, narration, sinks)
5. Go out and film visuals and interviews
6. Match the video that you film with the script that you created
7. Confirm this new script with Ehud
8. Voice over editing (Narration) and Rough Cut of video
9. Approval of Ehud
10. Finish editing
11. Written blurb, subtitles, and transcript
12. Edit writing and final approval
13. Upload to Youtube, Website, Facebook, other distribution sources